Costume-Con 40 Tiara contest
To celebrate our 40th anniversary and in conjunction with our theme of Rogues, Royals, and Renegades, we happy to present our tiara contest. So without further ado, here are the details:
1. For the purposes of this contest, a tiara is a headpiece that is not form fitting over the entire head, or could be perceived as a mask, helmet, or hat. For any questions regarding any potential entries please email: email@example.com
- Designs can be worn across the brow or on top of the head. Circlets, diadems, and crowns are all considered valid designs for meeting the requirements of this contest.
- To put in context, if you made Sauron’s crown from the Lord of the Rings movies, you could enter the crown, but not the helm or armor it is on.
- Likewise, Loki’s helm from “Thor: Ragnarok” with it’s open design, could potentially be an entry, with maybe some changes to make it more ornamental and less armor looking. His helms from the first “Thor” movie and “Avengers” are helmets/armor, and would not be admissible.
2) Entrant must be at least a supporting member of Costume-Con 40 to participate. If entrant is not planning on attending in person, they must have an at-con attending member who will be responsible for delivering and retrieving entries before and after the contest. Costume-Con 40 assumes no responsibilities for transport, storage, or returning of entries. Costume-Con 40 will not accept any mail-in entries. Entries must be dropped off in-person at time of at con check in or registration.
3) All entries must be wearable/functional and should be able reasonable to fit a human head. Child sized entries are okay, but this should be noted on registrant’s form.
4) The main categories for entries are:
- Regal (these would be what are considered traditional or historical style tiaras)
- Fantasy (Not all rhinestones and bling, think Fey/woodland, Mermaids, Elemental etc…)
- Thematic (Found objects, Steampunk, Electronics, anything that doesn’t quite fit into the other categories).
- At contest director and judges’ discretion there may be additional awards for subcategories based on entries.
How to Enter:
1) Entry forms can be found at: www.costume-con40.org/tiaracontest
- The contest will be limited to a total of 40 entries.
- There will be 20 entry slots available for online pre-registration.
- An additional 20 entry slots will be available for at con registration.
While you may enter more than one tiara, each tiara is a separate entry. You may only enter once online before the convention, and any additional entries must registered at the con, if there are slots available.
2) Online registration will open on Friday, November 12, 2021
3) At con registration will be:
- 1pm to 5pm Friday, April 1st, 2022
- 10am to 1pm Saturday, April 2nd, 2022
- Or until all the slots are filled, which ever comes first. If there are any unfilled online slots, they will be added to the at con entry slots.
4) Judging will take place the morning of Sunday, April 3rd, 2022 and results will be announced and posted after the Historical Masquerade on Sunday, April 3rd, 2022.
5) Any questions or comments can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online registration is now closed.